With the growing trend of healthy eating and everyone wanting to be more healthy to fight COVID-19, we thought it would be appropriate to make a list of our top Healthy Eating Restaurants in San Francisco.
The good news is, a lot of restaurants now are offering delicious yet very healthy meals; that not only nourish the body, but also the mind and soul.
Benefits to Healthy Eating
So why even bother eating healthy? Here is why healthy eating is good for you:
It helps you to build immunity, super important when there is a deadly virus out there!
It also makes us live longer. Who wouldn’t want to live longer right?
It will help us achieve healthy eyes, skin, and body.
It can lower the risk of heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
It's really crucial to make this a habit while we are young, since bad eating habits can be associated with some diseases like high-blood pressure, and if not treated properly high-blood pressure can lead to stroke, heart failure, and worse a heart attack. Eating plenty of vegetables, whole foods and fruits is the simplest way of intaking the necessary vitamins and minerals your body needs.
Another pro-tip is to try to limit the sugary drinks we intake every day. Water is always the best option! It will not only help you get hydrated, but it will clean and restore the cells in your body. You can also choose food with lower cholesterol, by oily foods, like deep-fried vegetables; instead trying to consume healthier oils, like AVOCADO, is a better option!
Some studies have shown that eating healthy foods also can give us a better mood.
Today, we are sharing with you our top 5 Healthy Restaurants in San Francisco. The great news is that now, you don’t even have to go out, you can get the food delivered to your doorstep by Doordash or UberEats!
TOP FIVE HEALTHY RESTAURANTS SAN FRANCISCO EDITION
1. Avotoasty - Avotoasty is the first-ever Avocado Toast Bar located in San Francisco, California. At Avotoasty “we believe in making calories count without counting them, by constantly serving fresh healthy food”. Avotoasty’s signature toasts include toppings like smoked salmon, hummus, prosciutto and eggs. Avotoasty is all about avocado, acai bowls, coffee, sourdough bread, coffee and healthy drinks. You can pair your favorite toast with one of their espresso drinks, coffee is supplied by Sightglass Coffee. Avotoasty is a woman-owned local small business. Their promise is simple: healthy food, awesome service, and great coffee. Oh, and before we forget, Avotoasty serves the most delicious acai bowls and smoothies! Located at 2760 Octavia Street, San Francisco, CA 94123. Their opening hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. To know more about Avotoasty here is their website.
2. Al’s Place - AL's Place is a neighborhood restaurant in the Mission district of San Francisco from chef-owner Aaron London. They offer a seasonal, ingredient-driven menu, that highlights the produce of Northern California. Blue Dane grows to produce exclusively for AL’s Place, and they source the majority of our produce from them. They are open from Wednesday to Sunday 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM located at 1499 Valencia St.,
San Francisco, CA 94110. To know more about Al’s Place here is their website.
3. Wildseed - Their menu is 100% plant-based. They are serving a plant-based restaurant and bar by Adriano Paganini. They believe that eating seasonally is the right thing to do because it makes a difference in the way your food tastes and how you feel. Working exclusively with Northern California’s freshest and most seasonal produce, Wildseed serves up hearty, healthy, and satisfying meals that pull in global flavors and techniques alongside creative cocktails, local beer, and local, vegan, organic, and biodynamic wines. Lunch is available Monday thru Friday, 12:00 pm - 3:00 PM. They are located at 2000 Union St San Francisco, CA 94123. To know more about Wildseed this is their website.
4. Kitava - Their goal is to serve 100% organic food. They have plenty of options that fit the low-carb/keto lifestyle. Our Mix & Match Bowls are very keto-friendly, along with Small Plates such as our Pesto Meatballs and Crispy Brussels Sprouts. They offer Perfect Keto Bars and zero sugar chocolate if you're looking for a low-carb snack or dessert! They are located at 2011 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110. Available every day from 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM. To know more about Kitava this is their website.
5. Chaya - They are a family-owned and operated restaurant in San Francisco's Mission District. Cha-Ya serves contemporary Japanese vegetarian and vegan cuisine inspired by "Shojin Ryori," or Japanese Buddhist cuisine. Specialties include stuffed eggplant tempura, vegan sukiyaki, various traditional soba, and udon noodle soups, as well as all-vegan sushi. The Cha-Ya Roll is their signature sushi roll; tempura sushi topped with a soy-ginger glaze. All of Cha-ya's dishes are vegan and inspired by Zen cooking. They are available from Wednesday-Friday: 5:00PM - 8:00PM Saturday & Sunday: 12 Noon - 8:00PM. Located at 762 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA 94110. To know more about Chaya this is their website.
These restaurants promote healthy eating. All of these great restaurants you can find in San Francisco. You can grab them dine-in or takeaway.